Are you looking for a way to ensure your organization is compensating its employees fairly?
Pay equity is more than just compensating individuals equally for performing the same job. It involves providing equal pay for work that is of equivalent value.
At Essential HR, we understand that implementing pay equity measures is crucial in promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace.
Our team of experts can guide you through a systematic approach to ensure compliance with federal and/or provincial Pay Equity Acts, which exist throughout Canada and apply to both public and private organizations with more than ten employees in Quebec, Ontario, and at the federal level.
To determine whether positions are of equivalent value, job classes are assessed using a gender-neutral job evaluation system that considers four factors: skill, effort, responsibilities, and working conditions. Pay equity is viewed as a significant element of strategies for inclusion, diversity, and equity, as well as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) approaches comparable to compensation.
Implementing pay equity measures offers numerous advantages, including, reducing legal, financial, and reputational risks and promoting diversity and inclusion. To ensure compliance with federal regulations, a pay equity review and program will ensure your business pays your employees equitably, regardless of gender, race, or other factors.
At Essential HR, our team approach to pay equity helps facilitate understanding and communication of accountabilities and expectations by minimizing subjective interpretations. This results in boosted operational efficiencies and empowered impartial, well-informed decision-making in regard to job classification.
We facilitate the engagement of staff, management, and other stakeholders to define and resolve differences between understandings and expectations of responsibilities and accountabilities. Our job evaluation results acknowledge the critical skills and behaviours that directly impact the organization's operational objectives.
To ensure your business has evaluated its current position and is strategically moving forward to comply with pay equity legislation, Essential HR follows a detailed process.
1. We start by defining the scope of the review and working with the data provided by the organization to identify the employee groups and job titles that will be included in the review.
2. We then conduct an initial data review, which includes gathering information on employee demographics, such as gender, race, and age, as well as compensation data, including salaries, bonuses, and benefits.
3. Our team conducts a job analysis to capture in-depth aspects of each job without subjective interpretation regarding skills, effort, responsibility, and working conditions, as well as job-specific behavioral expectations.
4. After generating job evaluation results, any pay disparities will be identified based on the results of the job evaluation and analysis.
5. We provide strategic guidance for resolving these disparities as part of the project.
Don't let pay inequities linger in your organization...
Contact Essential HR to schedule a pay equity review and program! GET STARTED TODAY